Search

Friday, December 17, 2010

Blowing the dust off...

So, it's been a while.  This blog has been sitting stagnant for almost a year.  I could have let it rest until January, but I figured I'd dust it off now, so it wouldn't seem so trite, like a new year's resolution or something.


I'm not great at keeping up with things once I start them.  I am a world class procrastinator.  


For instance...


Today is December 17th.  Just one week from Christmas Eve.  And we don't even have a tree yet.  There are a few lights hung up outside... I'd say the house is about 1/3 finished, and has been for a couple of weeks now.  Our sad little animated and lighted deer in the yard have fallen victim to the strong winds of last weekend... and not enough lawn staples to hold them in place.  I do have a Christmas wreath on the door, and about half the decorations pulled out.  I have bought Christmas cards, but have yet to sign and mail them.  


Yes folks, it's the Grinch Who Forgot To Do Christmas!


It's not as if I don't have the time.  I don't have the energy.  Or the spirit it seems, and I can't quite figure out why.


Yes, I started a new job (YAY!) but that was just before Halloween.  And yes, I've had my birthday (35... now what???), Thanksgiving, and my daughter's birthday.  Oh, and a couple of colds for each of us in the house, including the lovely sinus infection that decided to blast me last week.  But, I'm officially on Christmas break (one of the perks of working at a preschool!) and there are NO MORE EXCUSES!!  


On tap for tomorrow: we must get a tree.  And, we must clear a spot in the house to put said tree.  Then there is the unenviable task of clearing off my dining room table so that I can wrap presents.  


Did I mention I still have to BUY presents???  Not all of them mind you, but a lot.  I think.  First I have to collect what I have stashed in various places around the house and inventory it.  


*sigh*


I love Christmas.  I really do!  But really, when did it become so much WORK???  I suppose this is all just part of the fact that this is the first Christmas I've had since I had a husband, 2 kids, 2 dogs, three cats AND a job, all at the same time!!


Season's Greetings to all... and to all a good night!  

No comments:

Post a Comment