Search

Monday, October 5, 2009

I've been gone a while...

It's been a roller-coaster week.

I made it through week seven of my 5K training, but the day after, when I would usually update, my grandmother took a turn for the worse.  I spend Sunday the 27th waiting for word on how she was, and when it finally came, the news wasn't good.  My mom didn't think she'd make it through that night.  And when I got there, I didn't think so either. 

My sister and I spent that night at Mom's.  Grandmother pulled through that night, but it was clear that there wasn't much time left.  She died on Wednesday morning, around 5:45 am with me, my mom and my sister at her side.  After all the pain she's had to suffer through this past year, she is finally at peace.

I missed my race on Saturday, although not deliberately.  I set my alarm and planned to go, even though I had not finished my training.  However, the week's events and lack of sleep resulted in my sleeping through the alarm, and by the time I woke, it was too late to get downtown in time.

I'm considering registering for a 5K in December, just so I have a goal to work toward.  Right now though, as I'm sitting here watching the cold rain come down, I'm just not interested in running.  I know I will get back to it... I know I need to.  But there is just so much to do now, and I want to be there for my mom as she goes through everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment