Search

Friday, September 18, 2009

5K Training - Week 6

Yes, it's Friday. Which means I should be on Day Three, but events conspired against me getting out and running on Wednesday, so here we are!

Monday was Day One.  And it kicked my butt. I don't know if it's because I had to run in the evening instead of morning, or if I just didn't eat right during the day, but it was HARD.

I was feeling really winded by the end of the 8 minute segment in the middle. And I actually thought about stopping. But then I feared if I stopped, I might not be able to start again, so I pushed on.

The last five minute run was agony. I don't know why, but I didn't like it one little bit. I felt like total crap, as bad as I felt at the end of the 20 minute run last week! But I am proud of myself for not giving up.

Today was Day Two and it was actually better than Monday. I figured it would be worse, what with my slacking in the exercise department this week, but it was good. Hard, but good.

Adjusting to this new schedule, and not being able to run in the mornings is difficult. When I could go out first thing in the morning, it started my day off RIGHT. I felt good all day, ate better all day, and was far less crabby during the day.

Now, having to wait until my husband gets home from work (and don't get me wrong, after three months of unemployment, I'm glad he's working!) puts a crimp in my style and I'm not nuts about it.

One of my neighbors, who homeschools her girls, offered to have them come play with the kids while I go run. Hopefully, I can take her up on that this week, and / or find the money to buy a used jogging stroller!

Since I'm now a day behind in my normal training schedule (which was already a week behind when I needed to finish it) it's time to step it up. I'll do day three on Sunday - one long 25 minute run with no walks! Wish me luck!! Very Happy

Race for the Cure is just TWO WEEKS from tomorrow!  Please, if you haven't already, visit my page, and consider supporting me as I run for a really, really great cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment