Search

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Princess of Destruction

She'd be the Queen of Destruction, but for her age.

She's not even three years old, and she has wrought more havoc on our household than any 3 other children I know.

In the last six months she has:

- Colored on nearly every surface in her room, Charlie's room, and even my hardwood floors with crayon (thank goodness for Mr. Clean Magic Eraser!).

- Spilled nail polish on my couch.

- Colored on my couch, and my mother's ottoman with a Sharpie marker.

- Continually decorated my mother's stone coasters with pencil.

- Torn every flap from almost every lift-the-flap book she has.

- Torn pages and dust covers from books.

- Completely destroyed one of my foam toe separators (used on the rare occasions I have to do my toe nails).

- Torn little bits from one of my make-up sponges, accidentally left out on my bathroom counter.

- Completely emptied a vial of Afterbite (again, accidentally left within her reach).

- Broken every single crayon in our possession, assisted by her brother, but undoubtedly instigated by her.

- Completely destroyed several bead necklaces, bracelets, and a darling little purse that she loved, but tore up anyway.

And that's just what I can think of at this moment in time.  There has been much more destruction and chaos, including scattering clean clothes all over the floor (and we have 2 dogs that shed constantly, so the idea that our floors will EVER be totally clean again is completely foreign at the moment), taking every diaper from a new box and strewing them about the room, unraveling a brand new, jumbo roll of toilet paper all over the bathroom, scattering puzzle pieces and other parts of toys and games to all four corners of our home, rendering them virtually useless.

No amount of stern talking-to's, yelling, time-outs, or any other discipline measures seem to have any affect at all.  She keeps finding new things to destroy, and with lightning speed, and pinpoint accuracy I might add.  All of these incidents have occurred in the time it takes to transfer a load of laundry, unload and reload the dishwasher, take a quick shower, or some other such quick chore during which I left the children to their own devices, usually with Noggin as a reward / distraction / hopeful deterrent.

I'm thinking of scrapping my idea of making her ladybug costume for Halloween, in favor of dressing her up more aptly as the tornado she is! 

*sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! The little girl I keep has a knack for getting a hold of the messiest thing possible (usually something fun to clean up like baby powder) while I make lunch or go to the bathroom and creating her own havoc.

    Tornado sounds like a great costume. Or a ghost... I mean (in theory) how much could you hurt a sheet.. ;)

    ReplyDelete