Search

Monday, September 7, 2009

5K Training - Week 5, Day 1

I think I'm going to have to start updating this at the END of every week.  Last week ended much as it began.  The 5 minute runs were hard, but I pushed through, and did not stop.

This week is different.  Every day is a different routine, getting harder each day.

Today was not bad.  I found the Podcasts over the weekend, and I can see where that's going to help a lot.  The music is pretty good, and it keeps my mind off wondering how much further I have to run! 

Day one of this week was comprised of three 5 min. runs / 3 min. walks.  Either my endurance is getting better, or the music really did help.  Perhaps it's some of each.

The rest of the week should be interesting.  Wednesday will have me running 8 minutes at a stretch, then Friday, 20 minutes (or about 2 miles).  That's a lot.  A LOT.

I need to get out and drive my route, and add a mile on somewhere, so I'll have enough road for the whole routine, working up to 3.2 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment