Search

Monday, August 24, 2009

5K Training - Week 3, Day 1

And I feel great! Despite my hesitation about the dog, I went on my usual route. It's what I know... I know the approximate mileage, etc. But I'm going to change it up this week for a couple of reasons.

One, I'm bored. I'm tired of looking at the same houses, running around the same cars.

Two, running different terrain tones different muscles. At least that's what I've heard. Your body gets bored w/ the same old routine. I have yet to do any actual research to back up that statement, but I will... if I feel like it! Cool

When Rob and I took the kids to the park on Saturday, we met a nice couple, new to the area who also has kids. Got to talking, and the wife's a runner. We all hit it off pretty well, so I'm thinking I'll give her a call and see if she might be interested in checking out the Greenway up behind the shopping center near my house.

So, this week, I ran a total of 10 minutes (5 cycles of run 2 min, walk 3). And I felt really good. The last one was the toughest, because it was up a small hill 90% of the way, but I did it!

And in case I haven't mentioned it before, the training program I'm running is from www.coolrunning.com. It's the Couch to 5K program. It's designed to ease you into running, rather starting off gung ho, burning out and getting hurt. And a big thank you to my friend Kathryn for telling me about it, as well as being my biggest cheerleader! Very Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment